So how to make a blog SEO-friendly? The largest potential growth driver you have if you operate a blog is probably organic search traffic. SEO generates consistent, recurring traffic without incurring any outright expenses. So how do you ensure that your content is search engine optimized? Here, we’ve provided a thorough explanation of how to maximize your chances of ranking high in the SERPs. Keep in mind that Google ranks all types of content using the following criteria:
Before diving into SEO-friendly content writing for beginners let’s see what an SEO-friendly blog is.
What is SEO-friendly Blog Content?
When people search for relevant and popular terms on Google and other search engines, their content will rank for those terms. The following characteristics of SEO-optimized content are essential:
- Designed with your targeted search keywords in mind, making it simple for Google and other search engines to interpret.
- comprehensive and provides more thorough solutions to your audience’s most pressing queries than any of your rivals
- Written and organized to maintain readers’ interest in your information until the very end.
- corresponds to the searcher’s intention
Let’s learn to make a content SEO-friendly:
Focus on Target Audience:
Starting with headline selection is the first stage in SEO blog authoring. Knowing your audience is essential if you want to successfully market to them through the articles or content of your blogs.
- To prioritize your customers’ experience for your marketing plan, similar to the statistics below, make “Knowing your target audience” the first item on your SEO list for blog posts.
- After recognizing the value of the customer experience, use long-tail keywords in your blog posts to help search engine crawlers determine whether they are relevant to the search terms used by your target audience.
- Developing blog entries that are SEO-friendly for newbies, is the next stage.
In-depth Keyword Research to Target Long-Tail Keywords:
The most crucial step in enhancing SEO for a blog post is probably choosing a precise long-tailed keyword. This word should serve as the post’s primary focal point.
- Long-tailed keywords are lengthier phrases that often face lesser competition because they are focused on a certain niche market
- Use a frequently asked query that your clients may be posing as your keyphrase to launch your investigation (such as how to create SEO-friendly blog posts).
- Pick a couple of focus keyphrases to employ strategically throughout your blog article.
- To improve your opportunities of ranking for the keyphrase, use your keyphrase naturally throughout your blog article.
- Various theories exist regarding how frequently you ought to use it. You should be covered if you use it four to six times. But only apply it when it makes sense. Use it just if it doesn’t feel forced.
- Use its usual versions as well. The common variants are now recognized by better search engines.
- Finally, to help search engines identify your blog post, try using it in the first 100 to 150 words of your piece. Additionally, it will aid in early context-setting for the post.
Understanding the Actual Search Intent of the Keyword
One of the most crucial factors to take into account when deciding on a keyword and developing your content is search intent.
- Even if you select the perfect keyword and write an excellent blog post on it that is SEO-optimized, Google won’t rank you if your article doesn’t match the search intent. In other words, if you don’t address the issue question in the post.
What is the goal of a search? It’s Google’s comprehension of what users desire when they conduct a keyword search.
- For instance, are people looking for the fruit or the brand when they search for “apple”?
- Similar to this, when someone looks for “digital marketing,” are they seeking a specific email marketing service or a book on digital marketing?
Before developing content, it is crucial to research the search intent of your targeted keyword. The simplest approach to do that is to conduct a Google search for your term and examine the top ten search results. Watch the search results that Google returns for any query. When understanding topic keyword intent, keep the following in mind:
- Nature of the keyword
- Audience profession (like business owners or students)
Design Proper Formatting (Choose Best Blog Layout for SEO)
Search engine rankings are largely influenced by hierarchy and structure. Helping search engine crawlers comprehend your blog requires clear and uniform formatting throughout.
- The blog’s ranking may suffer if every heading is formatted as an H1, which can be confusing to crawlers regarding the blog’s subject.
- A post should only contain one H1 that expresses the main idea of the blog concisely and clearly. The headers should then proceed, starting with an H1 and concluding with an H4 CTA.
- This is a basic rule that can change depending on the length of the article and whether or not extra heads are required.
Each post ought to have:
- An introduction (to the topic at hand)
- A body (with the basic message)
- A conclusion (an overview of the most crucial ideas)
Design Catchy and SEO-friendly Title for your blog post:
Making an engaging and beneficial title is significant for both the users and the SEO. Others like to come-up with the title or headline when they have a clear idea of what the blog post will cover. However, some bloggers prefer to complete this phase first and then develop the blog structure. What is most effective for you, do that. Whichever style you pick, a nice title should include the qualities listed below:
- The character count should be between 55 and 60 so that it displays uninterrupted in the SERPS. It ought to have your desired keyword in it (but without keyword stuffing).
- It should comprise an accurate explanation of the information that will be included in the blog article.
- When shown on search engine results pages, it should be compelling enough to inspire users to click.
You may include more details to make it obvious to users and search engines what to expect from the material. For instance, to make the title more intriguing and clickable, you may include “How to” or “A step-by-step method” in addition to your keyword.
Make a Strong internal linking Strategy:
An often-overlooked aspect of blog post SEO optimization is the linking strategy. Internal links are those that take readers from one blog post to another within the same website or blog. This helps retain users on your website, which is always promising for SEO, and maintains relevant pages at the top of the page.
Link-out to Third-Party Authoritative Sites as Reference or Source:
Similarly, Google favors pages that contain links to other reliable sources throughout the content. By doing this, you enable Google to recognize your page as a “hub” of resources and reward you with a higher placement for your target term.
Include Link-Worthy Elements:
Link-worthy components aid in increasing the number of high-quality backlinks to your article (crucial for SEO). These are the components your content has to contain.
- Ensure that your content marketing is more thorough than that of your competitors.
- Include screenshots, videos, and photos.
- To support your claims, turn to original research, survey findings, or secondary data.
- In your writing, use examples frequently.
- Make an infographic part of your writing.
Blog Post Length:
There are many factors to consider when determining the size of your blog post.
- A minimum of 200 words per page are required by SEO best practices, and ideally, you want even more for a blog article.
- The five suggestions mentioned above can be effectively included in a blog that is the right length.
- Both readers and search engines dislike reading a 150-word blog that is overstuffed with internal links, photos, and keywords. So, in terms of duration, there isn’t an “ideal number” to aim for.
- Your blog’s length will vary depending on its subject, your writing skills, and the amount of time you have available. Change the duration from post to post to see what appeals to you the most visually and physically.
Create an FAQs:
After copying all the questions in the previous step, create a FAQ section at the bottom of your page and answer each one in one or two lines. The best advice for improving FAQs for SEOP is as follows: Google your keyword of choice and choose searches from the “People Also Search” list. Include them in the FAQs area.
Google consistently advises developing content with users in mind. If the user is happy with your material and receives their solution. Google will then begin to value your content automatically by placing it higher in SERP. Take into account the following while creating user-friendly content:
- Focus on the Point
- One Thought Maximum Per Paragraph
- Utilize bullet points.
- Maintain Organization and Limit Exclamation Points
- Users Are Pessimistic, So Don’t Stress About Contingencies
- Apply Repetition To Stress
- Eliminate Extraneous Adjectives
- Make Use Of Specific Details And a Personal Tone
- Be unique
- Always double-check
Easy & Simple Language:
Writing concise paragraphs for your viewers as part of blog SEO services helps them quickly comprehend the purpose of your blog’s material without getting bored. Your SEO blog posts should drive readers to engage with your website, the goods, and services you are hawking, or both.
- Simple language and direct information combined with succinct paragraphs and subheadings can accomplish this.
Because if your audience can’t understand your words, how can you expect them to be persuaded? Why would they act in a way that causes them confusion? When you consider these issues, the only way to resolve this impasse is to use polite language, that is,
- When creating your traffic query, use straightforward, everyday language.
- Use examples to help the user understand your point.
- Avoid using complex words that are graduate-level or above.
- Making active voice use. This enables your blogs to address readers directly.
- When necessary, check your grammar.
- For a nicer user experience, keep in mind that the language you use to make your points should be simple and easy to understand for your audience.
Semantics, Snippets, And Voice Searches:
By crawling through data like user location, search history, and related phrases that the consumer has searched, search engines like Bing, Google, and others may comprehend the search intent. As a result, the development of a new Google search characteristic called highlighted snippets enabled another popular feature called voice searches to directly respond to online users’ inquiries. Additionally, “Answer boxes or Featured Snippets ensure about 32.3% CTR,” claims Advanced Web Ranking Therefore, highlighted Snippets are listed as an item on your blog article SEO checklist because they do help with your online visibility. The given SEO blog suggestions must now be added to your blog content to optimize it for these new features:
- A high-volume, low-competition term associated with your selected topic should be the main keyword you use in your blog.
- Use LSI, or related search terms, that your audience has entered alongside your primary keyword in your blog content.
- Use listicle formatting in your writing, such as headings and subheadings. These assist you in landing at position 0 in SERPs.
- Maintain voice search optimization for your blog entries because it raises readership and conversion rates.
- To maintain your visibility, increase your CTR, and optimize your blog for new search engine features like voice searches, you must stay up to date with the most popular technology.
Each paragraph should only cover one concept, which you briefly explain. In actuality, 3 to 5 lines are the optimum length for a paragraph in a blog article. Naturally, you are allowed to have the occasional lengthier one, but avoid making them the rule.
Use linking phrases to break up those excessively long phrases so you can make them shorter. Remember that just because two concepts are connected doesn’t imply they have to be used together in the same phrase. Take a peek at these 02 paragraphs as an illustration:
- While writing long sentences is not necessarily a bad thing, short sentences are frequently preferred. However, having only long sentences may affect readability.
- Although writing short sentences is frequently better, writing big sentences is not necessarily a bad thing. Only using large sentences, though, could have some readability issues.
Use Visual Content (images, videos):
Words may describe your subject, but photos, animations, infographics, and videos give your blog distinctive energy. At least 90% of bloggers, today incorporate photos and videos in their blog articles, and 34% of them claim to obtain better results when they do. The combination of both visual content and wordy paragraphs as a whole gives your website authority.
Common SEO Checklist For Blog posts or any kind of Content:
When you’ve finished producing this type of content, optimize it with your chosen keywords and their close variations. The following areas should all contain your keyword and its variations:
- Earlier in the URL, meta description, and title tag
- H1 primary heading
- In the last sentence of your article
- In the first 100 words of your post
- In a minimum of three subheadings using H1, H2, and H3 tags
- In the alt text of the pictures in your article
- Naturally throughout the body of your article
- As the anchor text of the article’s internal links
- In the conclusion paragraph of your article
Importance of SEO-Friendly Blog Posts Content:
Many people think that user-friendly articles or content cannot be SEO-optimized. This is a complete misconception because having well-optimized, high-quality content increases your likelihood of appearing higher in search results.
- Content created to aid in increasing search engine traffic.
- Therefore, the advantage is clear. If done correctly, SEO-friendly content will increase the profitability of your business online. In actuality, 3.5 billion searches occur daily.
- In essence, publishing material that is SEO-friendly exposes your website to a whole new audience of internet users who will be delighted to read your blog and are likely to work with you on high-paying projects in 2021 and beyond!
Choose SEO Cares as your Content Writing Agency:
Looking for assistance in SEO-friendly blog writing and don’t have the time to write the blogs? Our experienced team of content writers is always ready to lend a hand with our blog writing services! We also provide SEO services in Pakistan.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is SEO?
SEO AKA search engine optimization is the process of making a website or content understandable to search engines like Google, Bing, etc. The purpose of search engine optimization is to get traffic from search engines.
Why SEO is important?
Billions of people using search engines in 2023. It means the search engine is the biggest source of traffic in today’s time. So it is highly important for website owners, to make their website search engine friendly if they are seeking for quality traffic. Or if they want to maximize their current traffic.
How to Make Content SEO-friendly in WordPress?
- Choose a fast hosting service.
- Implement an SEO-friendly WordPress theme.
- Create XML and HTML sitemaps.
- Update your permalink settings. (xyz.com/blog-post is the best practice)
- Optimize your page titles and meta descriptions.
- Provide links to related content. (internal and external links)
- Optimize your images. (Alt tags, image names, images size)